Episode 22: News on the Right to Repair Electronics, the Indigenous Environmental Network + Climate Justice, and Sponge Cities
More good news! Click Play below to enjoy a dose of Active Hope in the Great Turning with these 3 quick news stories:
- the movement to grant the “right to repair” our electronic devices, plus why we throw away and replace them so quickly
- introducing the Indigenous Environmental Network, the Western Mining Action Network, and the Climate Justice Alliance
- and sponge cities: what they are, why they matter, and a few examples of cities around the world shifting toward sponginess
This show is for every one of you who’s awake to our multiple crises, feels your love for life on Earth, and chooses to participate in cultivating ways of life we can believe in, making a life-honoring present even in the face of an uncertain future. Please send the link to this page to anyone in your life who would appreciate a dose of active hope.
Want to dig deeper into any of these stories? Here are the links:
- iFixit website
- iFixit page about e-waste
- What’s planned obsolescence?
- Ways to overcome planned obsolescence
- HR6566: The Right to Repair Bill
- France’s “Repairability Index”
- The Indigenous Environmental Network
- The Western Mining Action Network
- The Climate Justice Alliance
- What are Sponge Cities?
- The Future of Central Park
Want to tend to your personal health, how you relate to your pain for the world, and your role in the Great Turning? You’re warmly invited to check out my small-group online journey, Healing Season. This program draws from Chinese Medicine’s wisdom about how our emotions and physical health relate, and includes learning qigong and practicing the Work that Reconnects: leilaninavar.com/healingseason