The Dreamers’ Den Series Ep 18: How Dreams are Real and Dreamwork is Yours (a conversation with Kezia Vida)
Click Play on the player above to listen now.
Have you ever wondered, “Did that really happen, or was that a dream?” Many times, I’ve momentarily had the vivid sense that I just saw someone, or just spoke with them, and then quickly realized: They weren’t there for that conversation. It happened in a dream.
In some ways, every dream feels real. And, in some ways, all of our dreams are real. Kezia Vida and I begin this conversation, and circle back to, the question of what’s “real,” and how our dreams can bring what feels most real into our lives.
Kezia Vida is a practitioner of the Natural Dreamwork process, which she’s been offering to clients since 2013. A New Orleans native, she graduated from Yale University with a degree in Philosophy in 2009 and has been studying dreams in-depth since 2010. Kezia has written and collaborated on a number of journals and workbooks, including Dream Wisely and The Dreaming I. She is a longtime student of Nina Palmieri and the New Earth Movement, and studied extensively with Jose and Lena Stevens of The Power Path. She believes in the innate wholeness of every person, in the power of fear to activate courage, and the power of pain to deepen compassion.
In this conversation, you’ll hear about:
- how Kezia has responded to increased interest in nightmares and difficult dreams since Covid-19 hit,
- her passion for making dreamwork more accessible as a natural, free, personal tool
- what it means to “feel into” an example dream (involving the dreamer seeing cuts on their hands, but not feeling much in the dream),
- how dreams give us the gift of raising our awareness, and the value of “clocking” those moments in waking life when the feeling from the dream occurs again,
- the sacredness of the details in our dreams,
- and spirituality and dreams.